Monday, September 6, 2010

WOC #5 - Pins and Pearls

Happy Monday....and a VERY Happy Labor Day to all my friend in the U.S....this weekend has been extremly busy seeing how it's the last weekend of summer!  The small town that I live in hosts a huge labor day celebration every year, so there are many events that have been going on!  Saturday my hubby and I ran our local antique car show so that took up our whole day, then went and visited the fair grounds where there were tractor pulls.....these are just normal tractors pulls either...the tractors our friends pull are going over 30 mph....it's crazy...but very fun to watch!  Our other friends had a bus pull...now that is something to see!  Yesterday was the demolition derby....watching all these cars bang each other up...pretty funny stuff!  Mud flying every where.  Our neighboring county fair is going on too, so hubby and I went there last night and walked around the carnival and then ended up looking at all the cute animals!  Now today is our town's parade and then there is a pig wrestling event....poor piggies!

So...I haven't had much time to sneak in for crafting this long weekend....but did manage to make a few things to share with you! :)  Today is the challenge over at Wild Orchid Crafts, and this week we are challenging you to use PINS and PEARLS on your creations!
 I've used one of my brand new fairy cuties that I got from CHA....this is a Pergamano stamp, and Susana is now carrying them at SCACD!  You can find them -->HERE<--!  Oh my goodness I love how cutie this stamps are...there are different fairy stamp sets, as well as little girl stamp sets and even a christmas set!  I love how these sets come with 3-4 main images and then a bunch of accessories (usually birdies and bunnies!) Super cute...you have to check them out!  Papers are from Prima Fairy Flower collection, I love these papers, the designs are gorgeous!
My cute fairy has been colored Copics and accented with a white gel pen.  I've used the TonerTex Pen and Glitters on this cutie's bow and ribbon tails, and also around the edge of the circle.  Illuminate Smooch has been added to her wings to make her shimmer and sparkle even more!  You can never have too much sparkle!!! Right?
Flowers and pearls are all from Wild Orchid Crafts!!  Flower arrangement consists of 35mm Wild Roses, Cherry Blossoms, Aster Daisy, 15mm rose, 8mm semi-open roses (that were white and airbrushed to a pink), 5mm closed rosebuds, Pearl Stamens, Pearl Sprays, and Pink Heart Pins.  On the top corner you can see I added some 5mm pink pearls to add some pizzazz to that corner of the card.
I only used one piece of dp on this card because the swirls on this paper were too pretty to cover up!  Instead I took my 3mm pink pearls and added them to the centers of a few of the flowers to help showcase the gorgeousness of this paper! The whole paper pack is so beautiful...I think I might have to get me another pack because it's so pretty!!!

The whole card has been spritz with Tsukineko Sheer Sparkle Spritz, which gives the paper, flowers, and image a very soft and fine glittery sparkle!  I hope you've enjoyed my pink and brown, pins and pearl creation!  Make sure you head over to the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Blog to see what the other DT members have created! :)

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

8 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Gorgeous!! Love the colors!

Renkata said...

ohhh Kim your card touch my heart . I love this stamps from Pergamano. You have done such a fairy special card.

Kathy said...

This is just gorgeous Kim!! I LOVE the colors and these images are darling! I seen some on a blog and thought I had to get some!! Just adorable!
Hope you have a lovely day!
:)Kathy

Becky said...

Gorgeous card, love this adorable image.

Riet said...

So beautiful card Kim,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Yvonne said...

Lovely card. The detail on this card is just so beautiful.

Mary Lou said...

OMGosh Kim~~This is soooo cute!!!
I bet you like those tonertex pens~~glitzy glitzy~~so YOU!!!!:)
That paper is drop dead gorgeous~~just perfect for this little fairy princess!!
Beautiful Dear!!
Love Mom

Paula said...

The papers are so good & you're abssolutely right about not covering them up. I adore these stamps but haven't any yet...... then of course there is the new Aurora collection too & the KK Mermaids....... so where do I start?
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...